Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Lazy Sunday


A few posts ago, I mentioned the trash in Lake Walsingham.  This morning, I seen this man picking up trash.  I don't know if he works with the parks department, because holding on to two dogs and taking a picture is a difficult task.  I'm just happy that it is some what clear.


We made our daily stop at the butterfly garden.  (Sorry I didn't get a better shot.)  Susie and Charlie wanted to take off after another dog.  They are such social butterflies.  

When I told my Mom that I bought a Kayak, she asked, "do you have a helmet and life vest?"  The picture to the right was taken on the board walk at Bonner Park in Largo, FL.  As you can see there is a man trying with his bait net, standing in the middle of the inter coastal.  The water is thigh deep.  Also in the state of Washington, a helmet is used by white water kayakers.  Perhaps if I was stupid enough to be on the water during a hurricane, I might see white water.

I apologize for no having in interesting pictures this week.  I’m stuck in my bathroom replacing the tile around the tub.  I also have to replace the walls.  They used dry wall and plaster around the tub, and then tiled it.  Around the faucet, nothing was used but tile. No wander it was about to cave in.  I hate working with cement board, but it has too be done.


The Turtle came from the pond at Art’s place.  I would say the measuring his shell from his tail to his neck opening was about 12”.  

No comments: