Sunday, June 3, 2007

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie


Charlie is officially ours. We took her to the vet while Tropical Storm Barry dumped much needed rain down on us. The tech used the microchip detector on her and couldn’t find anything. (Petsmart vet tech couldn’t find anything either.) She received her first round of shots and will get her next ones at the end of the month.

She didn’t seem to mind the experience. Linda spaced out on the ride home and didn’t notice that she had been chewing on her leash. By the time we got home, she had freed herself from the it. Those teeth! We should have named her Jaws.

Susie is coming back to life. Last night she actually played fetch for the first time since bring Charlie home. She would also let Charlie get near her without snapping at her. Susie has never been good about bringing the ball back all the way. She comes up to me, and then turns away. Last night she would let go of it, give it a nudge with her nose, and let Charlie bring it back to me. One step forward!

Then there is the step backwards. Susie knows Sunday is the day to walk in the park. Charlie could sense her excitement. She got a little too close to Susie, and Susie went after her. It was the first time in 4 days that Susie snapped at the little one.

Since I’m the one that usually has the dog and the camera, I thought about leaving the camera at home. Taking pictures with one dog is difficult, but two is almost impossible. I’m glad I brought it. I can’t believe the picture of the gator that I got. I just wish he hadn’t been hiding behind the tall grass.

No comments: