Friday, March 21, 2008

No More Hospital Trips

Linda is finally out of the hospital. She was a little miffed that she had to wait until 10:00 am to get out. She was expecting to be released by 9:00.

Wow what a difference!. Yesterday she needed help getting out of a chair and to a walker. Today she popped out of the chair, grabbed the walker and headed for the door. The nurse let her walk to the elevator before getting a wheel chair.

Speaking of hospital elevators, I had a strange encounter a few days ago. I pushed the up button, and the door opened. I entered the elevator, and a thin, wrinkled, woman with huge sunglasses asked, “are you going down?”

“No, I’m going up.”

“What is wrong with this elevator. It won’t go down.” I then noticed she had pushed 1.

“We’re on the first floor.”

“We are? I’ve been riding up on this elevator.”

Please tell me she doesn’t drive.

1 comment:

gerrycammy said...

Glad to hear your doing good linda! Don't let my mom boss you around too much...