Sunday, November 4, 2007

Back to Jungle Prada

Deb and Mayra had gone to Jungle Prada without us one weekend, and spent time with the manatees. Mayra wanted to go back.

We didn’t see manatees or dolphins this Sunday. We did see these bozos speeding through the area we had seen the manatees. No wonder the gentle giants have scars all over their bodies.

We decided on 9:00 AM. Linda realized, we hadn’t turned the clocks back. She didn’t want to wait another hour. I’ happy I bought hoodies in Raymond, WA, earlier this year. It was cold out there this morning.

I was taking pictures of the terns. I kept clicking in hopes of getting a bird in flight. I got the picture. But I also go this picture. I was focused on the bird, when I noticed something in the back ground. It is a fish in flight. Click on the picture and you get a better view.

I did get a picture of a tern flying.

A we got closer to the rockery that serves as a bird sanctuary, we could smell a foul smell. The turkey vultures were flying above. We didn’t see what they were trying to get.

We did see nesting Herons. Like this one coming in for a landing. The pelican didn’t seem to happy with him.

One would pick up twigs, and hand off to the other.

A Ruddy Turnstone. Gets its name from turning stones over to look for food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are really good I especially like the ones where they are handing off the twigs.
Mom