Friday, August 17, 2007

Chasing the Imp


Charlie is easily excited. When I come home, I make sure I don’t say a word, head directly for her crate, let her out, and move quickly to the door. There is no stopping to put anything down, or waiting for Susie to make her way out from under the bed. If I talk she’ll pee in her crate, if I wait for Susie she’ll pee on the floor.

Yesterday was a typical day. Charlie was in the yard doing her business before Susie. I turned to go back and get Susie, and Charlie jumped up on the patio chair to get to the mail on the table. The race was on as far as she was concerned. I had to laugh as she zoomed around the yard with the junk mail in her mouth. She stopped, I would move to grab it, and she would put the moves on me, like Walter Payton would put on the defense.

A more serene topic. The White Peacock butterfly. Come to think about it looking at the butterfly my bring me peace, but he doesn’t look like his life has been easy. Something took a chunk out of his wing.

No comments: