Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Return to Boca Ciega Millennium Park



This time I had company. Linda, Deb, and Mayra took the canoe and I took the kayak.
We hit the water approximately 4 hours before high tide. The tide chart showed the tide as being above +1 by 8:00 am. I prefer mornings to afternoons. You see more wild life, and at Boca Ciega you don’t have to hear the personal water craft. Those people aren’t early risers .As you can see from the picture Mayra did the rowing, while Linda relaxed.

Mayra goofing off. Forgetting to clean the lens filter after getting water on it, wasn't the only think I forgot. Shortly after taking this picture, the phone in pocket began to vibrate. I went to answer it, and it wouldn't stop vibrating. That's when it dawned on me that I had let it get completely submerged. Yep, the cell phone is dead. Time to buy another phone.

When we left the island, Deb took Linda’s spot. Linda had used Mayra’s water bottle for an ash tray. Deb and Linda got a good laugh with Mayra took a drink of the cigarette infested water.

The birds were out. I could have sat in the kayak and watched the osprey dive for fish. Sorry I didn’t get one picture that was worth keeping.

I like this picture of the Heron drying himself off.

Another day at the beach.

Are you looking at me?

On our way back in, they didn't make the turn, and ended up in the grass. This picture may not look like it, but they are going backwards. I think Deb was a bit embarrassed, as she should be. Not only was I taking this picture, but people from the tower were watching too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never laughed so hard in my life. Myra kept saying, "I got it, I got it" and I'm thinkin no, we keep getting stuck! LOL. I had no idea there were people up in the tower! They probably got a real good laugh.

Charles Rinehart said...

Very nice blog. I visited this park May 2011. I love observation towers and boardwalks. Kayaking looks like so much fun. I'll have to try it soon. All the best.