Sunday, July 29, 2007

Patience Pays Off

The drogonfly came back. His favorite bugs must live on the dead branch of the plumbago. Charlie would scare him off, and I would stand still waiting for him to take a rest. Each time he stopped it was on this branch.

While waiting for the dragon fly to come back, I got shots of Susie and Charlie.


Susie just loves the sun.


I had a discussion with Debbie the other day. I found a camera that might be even better than owning a DSLR. It has an 18 zoom on it, which is like having a 500 mm lens attached. I said, "I'll wait 'till the end of the year. The prices will come down."

She played devil's advocate and asked, "what happens if it comes down and a DSLR comes down?"

The Giant Swallowtail in my yard made the decision for me. He was still. I ran over to get a patio chair to stand on, because he was so high up in the bushes. I only got off one shot. My autofocus wanted to focus in on the leaves surrounding him. I need a camera that I can turn off the auto focus and manually focus. When the prices come down it will be the DSLR. Even though a 500 mm lens will cost me a fortune.

The sports mode on my camera can't stop these wings.

I've got to stop fooling around. I have work to do, luandry and finishing the bathroom.

No comments: