Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Florida's State Bird


For the last couple of years, I've watched Mockingbirds fix up a nest in the bush outside the living room window. But I never seen any little ones. This week I have awaken to the soothing sound of little ones asking for more food. Their poor parents rarely get any rest. Although, they may have been resting while I was trying to get a picture.

It wasn't an easy task. This nest is well hidden. It isn't very high in the bush, I would say my eye level, but the branches make it hard to get a shot. I had to grab a step ladder. Change the camera to flower setting, so I could focus, and get my shots very quickly. I watched on mockingbird take on a cat, and another take on five blue jays. These birds have the mentality of terriers.

This little guy decided he didn't care that I was watching or not. He wanted it to be known he was hungry. He's a bit blurred because he was moving, when I had a slow shutter speed. That was another problem I encountered. Not much light inside a bush.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Dean and I think that is neet about the mocking birds.