Sunday, July 6, 2008

Largo Nature Park July 2008



I know what your thinking more dragonflies.

I headed out for the park early this morning hoping to get a picture of the otters. I had barely left the car, when I spotted them. The four of them were there, and then they were gone. I didn't get a focused shot. The ran into the brush, and didn't come back out.

I like this Juvenile Little Green Heron. He just stood on the railing of the board walk, around the pond, and posed for me. As long as I didn't get too close he was willing to move around for me and give me diffent angles.



The pond had another willing subject. The gator didn't move. This guy is so big, that I would estimate that his head was about two feet head long. What suprised me was the common moorhens were swimming near him with the little ones.

.The water may be green, but you can still see the reflections. The little blue heron looked like he was checking out another bird.

I was still waiting for the otters to show up, but still they were a no show after hanging around the park for an hour.

The Park is one park that seems to have more people wandering around it with cameras, than just going for a walk. I ran into one guy that said he spotted a coyote. I met another that was looking for the coyote the other guy seen.

Me, I was taking pictures of Marsh Rabbits.

No comments: