Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mornings in the Backyard


Mornings aren't always the best time to take pictures. It seems the wild life has a habit of being in front of the sun, or the sun is just coming up. To sum it all up, it just means bad lighting.

Sometimes it's amazing that I make it to work. I sit outside and watch the birds and squirrels. The day I took the picture of the hawk, I was surprised that the birds didn't go into hiding. The jays were dive bombing him, and the Mockingbird was harassing a squirrel.

This morning a wood pecker decided to sit on the power line. The one of the backyard Mockingbirds didn't like it, and tried to pick a fight.

Speaking of Mockingbirds, there is a campaign to replace them as state bird with the Osprey. I like Osprey, but I think the Mockingbird should stay. One will get up in the elderberry tree and imitate the frogs. I've also seen a pair dive bomb a cat that got to close to their nest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Shot Mick ! KD