Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm Getting Closer

I'm learning to take my camera every time I step out the door. Today I had it wrapped around my neck as I emptied the trash. A bird flew by me. I thought it was the feathered imp that teases me with his presence. As it zoomed past me, I realized I was seeing hawks everywhere, mostly in my imagination. I looked up from the trash can to the north, and perched on a tree top in my neighbors back yard was a very large bird. Could I be so lucky to finally get the chance to take a picture of him without the sun interfering? I made my way to Lee's drive way. It was the hawk. I snapped a few, but knew I was still too far away.

Lee's trash was out and his paper retrieved. I made up my mind. I knocked on his door. I just had to get in that back yard. My 94 year old neighbor became my assistant. He held the back door open; so the hawk wouldn't hear us. I only got a few pictures of him, before myself or the dive boming mocking birds scared him off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture Mickey! Glad you finally got him!

BTW, you've been 'linked'... I finally got around to adding links to our blog so our friends will probably now wander on to your blog when they get bored at work!

-Gerry

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.